Thursday, April 18, 2013

What Do You See? 9-11?









I really haven’t quilted much for years but I have slowly begun to stitch again in the 2-3 years...but I haven’t finished anything yet!  

Here is something I began about 18 months ago and set aside. I wanted to challenge myself to use scraps from a leftover project (a reproduction of an 1880 crib quilt) without altering the scraps in the least.  

This is not all my scraps from that 1880 project, but I think I’ve added as much as I want to. It’s about 14x22. Now I have to decide what to do with the borders.....or decide if I want to bother to finish it at all!

 The dark-cloud-looking thing is simply a bunch of thread I took off a spool because it got all tangled somehow. I was about to toss it and decided to add it to this piece because the color worked and it was a discard just like the pieces in this little quilt. 

I have no idea what "it" is but now that I am this far along, I see a couple of possibilities for a “creative” story to go with it. But I may never share that story. Instead, I think I'll just let people make up their own stories when they see it....if in fact I ever even finish it.  What do you see?

KarenQuilt in the Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment